This course has no future course date(s) listed. Use the form to contact the course provider for more information.
After the course the successful participant is able to:
• Operate the latest Kongsberg DP equipment (software and functions)
• Identify practical aspects of DP Drilling operations including decision making
• Plan and conduct DP Drilling operations including risk assessment, contingency planning and assessment of vessel capability
• Execute specified operations under varying simulated conditions
• Conduct DP operations, while controlling DP emergencies that may occur
• Explain the latest developments with respect to industry guidelines and class requirements
• System arrangements and class requirements
• Planning - Risk and safety analysis
• Participation in simulated situations in Drilling DP Operations while handling routine and emergency situations
• Developments in the DP control software
• Sensor handling and sensor views
• Position reference systems
• The DP system’s utilization of position measurements and tests on position reference systems
• Restoring System after critical failures
• DP incidents and incident reporting
The participants will work with practical scenarios based on real operations, training on planning and executing specified operations under varying simulated conditions. During the operations, typical DP failure modes will be included. Realistic communication with the field centre, other vessels and different onboard department is also
Valid DP certificate.
All certified DPOs that work on drilling area, whether to avoid the skill fade or to acquire skills after some period not working on DP.