This course has no future course date(s) listed. Use the form to contact the course provider for more information.
After the course, the successful participant will be trained to operate the K-POS DP System using different loading methods during offshore loading operations.
• K-Pos system arrangement and DP Class Requirements
• System Switch-on and Start-up
• The Human Machine Interface, main functions and views
• Alarms and message system
• Sensor handling and sensor views
• The DP system’s positioning capability
• DP consequence analysis
• Position reference systems – Global and Local
• The DP system’s utilization of position measurements and tests on position reference systems
• Shuttle Tanker Operations Modes (Approach Mode, Weathervane Mode and Extended Weathervane Mode)
• The operator manuals
The training will be a combination of theoretical lessons and practical exercises. During the course each participant will normally have his own operator station using a generic DP vessel for practical exercises. Vessel-specific functions
will not be covered
Skilled DP Operators of DP systems and Offshore Loading operations.
Trained DP operators who need familiarization with the Kongsberg K-Pos 8 SW DP system and different Offshore Loading modes, especially who works with Spread moored FPSOs.